School Premises Manager (Grade D)
Hours: 37 Hours per week / 52 weeks per year
Closing Date: Monday 20th April, 2020 at 12.00pm
Interview Date/s: Thursday 23rd April, 2020 / Friday 24th April, 2020
Number of Children on Roll: 350
Starting Date: Monday 8th June, 2020
NJC Scale 6, Points 19 - 22 (£24,799 - £26,317)
A unique opportunity has arisen for the right person, to be the new School Premises Manager at our fantastic school. We are looking for a Premises Manager to oversee the cleaning and facilities team, and take responsibility for the health and safety and general maintenance of our school to a high standard. The successful candidate must have a background in premises management, be able to act on their own initiative and work independently and as part of a large team. They must be flexible, approachable, optimistic and able to manage their work within the demands of a busy and challenging school environment. The usual working day is either a split shift (6.30am – 11.00am / 3.00pm – 6.00pm) or a full day (6.30am – 3.00pm) for 37 hours per week.
We are extremely fortunate to have spacious surroundings and great facilities and we are well staffed and resourced. Bevendean Primary School is a ‘good’ school (Ofsted December, 2019) where pupils and staff work to create a caring and supportive learning and working environment in which all stakeholders will succeed and thrive.
The successful applicant will:
- Hold the relevant qualifications or comparable experience relevant to the role.
- Have a good working knowledge of buildings maintenance in a range of areas e.g. plumbing, decorating, carpentry, basic electrics etc.
- Be highly competent in being able to undertake regular and daily works in and around the school site
- Have a good clear understanding of the relevant Health & Safety requirements and have an understanding of the COSHH requirements.
- Be able to manage and supervise others as part of their regular duties
- Have an appropriate level of ICT skills to enable them to provide and maintain exemplary records and documentation
- Have the ability to work alongside a team to ensure positive outcomes.
- Be able to contribute to the positive ethos of the school
- Develop and nurture positive relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Be flexible and accommodating to meet the changing needs of the school
Does this sound like you? Visits to the school are essential so that you can see our great school in action – please phone on 01273 681292 to book an appointment and speaking with the School Business Manager, Andrea Hammond. A copy of application pack can be downloaded from http://www.bevendean.eschools.co.uk/website/ or at jobs.brighton-hove.gov.uk.
Please contact the Headteacher, Martyn Giddens, Headteacher, or Andrea Hammond, School Business Manager, at the school for more details. All applications should be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Andrea Hammond.