Have you seen our amazing Year 6 SATS results from last year??
Reading: 93% Writing: 83% Maths: 93% SPAG: 83% R/W/M: 78%
See parents / School Performance Tables above for a full list of the results.
Bevendean Primary School really is a fantastic school, and I am really proud to be Headteacher at this great school!
OFSTED December 2019: Bevendean Primary School continues to be a GOOD School. Here are some quotes from our report.
What is it like to attend our school?
- It is a ‘place for everyone to succeed and thrive’
- Pupils are happy and proud of their learning
- Staff are a strong and supportive team who work hard to make sure every pupil can achieve
- Pupils are safe and cared for by all staff
- Our school is a calm place because pupils respect the school rules
- Pupils behave well, listen carefully in class and play co-operatively with their friends
- Bullying is quickly dealt with by the school
- Our pupils respect the feelings and values of others and learn about the wider world
- Teachers plan ambitious and interesting lessons for all pupils, including those with special educational needs
- English and Maths are very well taught
- The arrangements for safeguarding are effective
(Section 8 Ofsted Inspection: 4th & 5th December, 2019)
We have an exceptional staff team of 16 class teachers, Nursery to Year 6; including a Hearing Support Facility. Our Nursery offers 15 hours free nursery provision each week. We have three full time learning mentors, 22 teaching assistants / higher level teaching assistants / individual needs assistants supporting teachers in class along with a further 10 office / administration and facilities staff.
The sense of care and commitment to our children is palpable throughout the school and you can be sure that your child will be known as an individual and very well cared for (Pupils are safe and cared for by all staff - Ofsted, December, 2019). We take great pride in knowing our children well! All our staff value friendliness, team-work, and support as some of their core values, and this shows through when you visit our school.
Our aim is to provide exciting and high quality programmes of study which challenge and motivate children to really become involved in their learning (Teachers plan ambitions and interesting lessons for all pupils; pupils remember what they have learned; misconception are picked up very swiftly and help is promptly given; challenge is given to all pupils - Ofsted, December, 2019).
We develop quality ‘tools for learning’ and integrate these into our lessons; these are: Imagination; Taking Risks; Motivation; Concentration; Resilience; Making Connections; Keep Improving; Cooperation; Curiosity and Perseverance.
Our focus is to ensure that children who require additional support receive support through our daily INTERVENTIONS, either from 8.30am – 8.55am Monday – Thursday, or our regular interventions offered throughout the school day. 90% of our parents say that their children make progress in their learning; and, 97% say that their children receive additional support with their learning if needed. 94% of parents say that they would recommend this school to another parent (December 2019 Parent Survey).
We are very pleased with our results over recent years; our end of Key Stage data is above the Local Authority and National averages.
We are very proud of Bevendean Primary School and look forward to welcoming you to our school.
Please do contact the school office of you are looking for a school place and would like to book a school visit.
Headteacher - Bevendean Primary School