The school's history

Situated approximately 3km from Brighton’s city centre, Bevendean is a hidden treasure. Because of its location, most children live close to the school and many parents are former pupils.

 

Surrounded by beautiful downland, and set in extensive grounds with wide open spaces, Bevendean School enjoys a peaceful and unspoilt location.

 

Before 1950, Bevendean Valley was mainly farmland. However, after the war, this farmland was developed. At this time, the school became the heart of the community.

 

Originally two schools, these were joined together in 1990 to form Bevendean Primary School.